- Tips for using the OWL in different classroom arrangements.
- Tips for using the OWL to deliver feedback on writing assignments.
- Ideas for course activities that make use of the OWL.
- Part 1: Introduction to Writing in the Disciplines.
- Part 2: Creating Effective Assignments.
- Part 3: Peer Review & Revision.
- Part 4: Effective Feedback & Rubrics.
- AAC&U Written Communication VALUE Rubric.
- AAC&U Reading VALUE Rubric.
Learn how by reviewing these instructions.
- Create as many Owlets as you like.
- Use your Owlets as free online textbooks.
- Integrate reading and writing content from the OWL.
- Create and keep track of your Owlets with a free OWL account.
Use the Quick Reference Guide to quickly and easily find what you need for a course activity or student feedback.
- Search an index of writing activities.
- Search an index of reading activities.
The Excelsior OWL is designed to provide support for writers as they begin the process of writing for college and as they transition to writing outside of their introductory writing classes or programs.
The Excelsior OWL is unique in its multimedia support for writers. It offers a wide variety of interactive multimedia activities, quizzes, videos, interactive PDFs, and games – all designed to help writers understand important concepts about writing.
The Reading Lab is the first completely free, comprehensive, online open education resource for college-level reading. It offers a variety of multimedia materials—instructional videos, online exercises, and handouts.