Common Knowledge & Plagiarism
If information is very well known to most people, it may be considered “common knowledge,” and it does not need to be cited.
- January is the first month of the year.
- Tokyo is the capital of Japan.
- The earth revolves around the sun.
- Soccer, or futbol, is a popular sport worldwide.
- Water freezes at 0 degrees Celsius.
- The Eifel Tower is located in Paris.
- Facebook is a social media network.
- An equilateral triangle is a triangle with three equal sides.
- The sun sets in the west.
- The Titanic was a ship that sank on its first voyage.
However, what is commonly known in one field may not be known by the general public.