Writing Lab Navigation
Recent posts from the OWL blog
- Making the Move to New Writing Course Outcomes Using the Excelsior OWL
- Excelsior OWL: Beyond the Writing Assignment
- OWL Success Stories: Excelsior Instructor ‘Raves’ About the Awesome OWL
- Of ORCs and OWLs: The Online Reading Comprehension Lab Is Born
- Using/Incorporating the OWL in Different Resources or Classes from an Instructional Designer Perspective
OWL Fast Facts
- At Excelsior College, the OWL was used to replace textbooks in the English 101 course, saving students approximately $125,000 total each year.
- In a national study, students using the Excelsior College OWL in their writing courses scored 6.6 points higher on their final averages in their courses compared to students in the study who did not have access to the Excelsior College OWL.
- Students who used the OWL reported that the OWL was easy to use and that it helped them see clear connection to writing in their other courses in college.
- Faculty members using the OWL in the study found the OWL was a perfect blend of writing instruction and fun, and students using the OWL reported the OWL “was on their side,” unlike other educational materials.